everything is ridiculous in texas

didn't realize till i was getting on the plane that my boss thought my middle name was tyler. i say it out loud and all i hear is "liv tyler". my brain wont accept that as my middle name

construction at the airport = me taking a 10 minute bus ride to my plane. it felt like the last scene in speed, and i loved it

i was in line at security check (where they xray your carry ons) and right as my bag got in, i hear someone yell "BOMB!!". it was weird because no one freaked, but every security person moved to a different position. i didn't flip out or anything, but my heart did actually stop working so he wouldn't be distracted and miss what was going on. turns out it was a drill. here's the deal. if i was a security guard and i have a gun, and someone yells bomb, i'm shooting everyone in that general direction. and i mean everyone

american airlines totally freaking sucks, but they have a totally kickass eagle as their logo

when i'm at an airport, i feel like everyone is always cutting in front of me, or attempting to cut in front of me. no matter where or what i'm doing. when i realized this, it became so apparent that i had to sit down and laugh my brains out, but some guy cut in front of me and took the seat

i just honestly feel like there are to many people working in all the wrong areas at airports. there were 3 clerks checking in 7 packed lines of anxious flyers, then i went to my gate and there were 6 people walking around picking up trash, with absolutely no trash in site. get more people doing actual necessary work, and less people doing absolutely nothing

i like to shoot people with smiles, see if i get any back. it's not a sudden thing, it's more like when i have some sort of interaction with someone. i'll wip out a big ol grin and see if they reciprocate. if they smile full blown, showing teeth, i call that a head shot. if they only grin, it's a body shot. if they don't do anything, it's a complete miss. i relate smiling with killing people. i'm ok with it

you know what, now that i think about it, every time i get on a bus, i think of the movie speed

with my middle name slip up, it got me thinking of what i could name my kid so his initials could make me laugh. i came up with these. feel free to add more
manuel esteban st. hilaire - MESH
pamela ortega st. hilaire - POSH
peter orion ryan st. hilaire - PORSH
samuel langford adams st. hilaire - SLASH
frederick ronald eugine st. hilaire - FRESH

as long as you get to the airport with plenty of time, plenty of energy, and a good attitude, traveling doesn't totally blow chunks

5 comments:

Allison said...

SLASH is my favorite...I would only call him slash.

Chase said...

Luke, your security check story is one of the better ones i've heard in a long time.
I wish i was there. I wish someone got shot. With your smile.

preferably me.

yazz said...

I just laughed a whole lot. Out loud. In my room by myself. A little girl that lives next door to me came up to me and said, YAZZ what is so funny? She'd never get it.

Cathi said...

Orion Ryan? Really?

KAT said...

F red
I ndigo
S t
H ilaire